Sample Paper of English Class 10, 10th English Question Paper, sslc kannada model question paper, english sample paper class 10 2021,solution
Sample Paper of English Class 10
a. Follow the prescribed limit while answering the questions.
b. Write the correct question number as it appears on the question paper.
c. One-mark questions attempted more than once will be awarded zero.
d. Answers to question number 34 (a –j) and 35 or 36 (i –iii) should be in sequence and at
e. For multiple choice questions choose the correct answer and rewrite it.
I. Answer any TWELVE of the following in a word, a phrase or in a sentence each.
- Whose beauty is too rich for use according to Romeo?
- Who is whiter than new snow according to Juliet?
- Mention the source of the kinglet’s special revenue in Monaco.
- The new item of expenditure noticed by the king in ‘Too Dear!’ amounted to
a) 200 francs. b) 600 francs. c) 16000 francs.
- According to the speaker in ‘On Children’, the souls of children live in the house of __ .
a, yesterday b. today c. tomorrow
- What cannot be visited by parents even in their dreams according to the speaker in ‘On
- What according to Dona Laura had made peace between Don Gonzalo and herself?
- How old was Don Gonzalo, when he first went to America?
- Where according to the speaker in ‘When You Are Old’ does love hide his face?
- What did Basavaiah and his people forcibly acquire in ‘The Gardener’?
- When did Tammanna forget all his songs and ballads in ‘The Gardener’?
- Where according to the poet does the tender sunshine lean on, in ‘Heaven, If You Are Not Here
- When do the bowing gentlemen transform themselves into savages in ‘Japan and Brazil Through
A Traveler’s Eye’?
- Which place in Brazil is called ‘the worst place of all’ by George Mikes?
- Expand PAP mentioned in ‘The Voter’.
- NameMarcus Ibe’s most trusted campaigner in ‘The Voter’.
- Name the organization that sanctioned mopeds for Arivoli activists in ‘Where There is a Wheel’.
- Namethe humble vehicle that is called metaphor for freedom in ‘Where There is a Wheel’.
II. Answer any eight of the following questions (choosing at least two from poetry) in a
paragraph of 80 – 100 words.
- Bring out Juliet’s expression of love for Romeo.
- Why was the council forced to alter the execution of the criminal in ‘Too Dear!’?
- Why does the criminal refuse to go away from prison? Give reasons.
- How does the speaker describe the characteristics of children in ‘On Children’? Explain.
- What makes Dona Laura call Don Gonzalo an ill-natured old man in ‘A Sunny Morning’? Give
- Give an account of Don Gonzalo’s cousin’s glorious death as narrated by Don Gonzalo in ‘A
- Narrate how the speaker portrays his beloved’s future in “When You Are Old’.
- Comment on the changes that were seen in the life of the plantation owner after the arrival of the
old man in ‘The Gardener’.
- How did Basavaiah react to Tammanna’s popularity in ‘The Gardener’?
- Why is bowing in Japan quainter, more formal and also infectious according to George Mikes?
- Give an account of the ‘war’ between the drivers and pedestrians in ‘Japan and Brazil Through A
- What is ‘whispering campaign’ and how does Roof conduct it in ‘The Voter’?
- Describe Roof’s meeting with the POP campaigner in ‘The Voter’.
- Explain the economic benefits of cycling in the life of rural women of Pudukkottai as presented
in, ‘Where There Is A Wheel’.
III.Answer the following in about 200 words.
- ‘You can’t build stone palaces by honest labour’. Is this true in the case of the king of Monaco?
‘Heaven is to be created on earth by human effort’. How is this brought out in ‘Heaven, If You
Are Not Here On Earth’?
How does the bicycle prove to be a tool of change for rural women in ‘Where There Is A Wheel’.
ಇತರೆ ಪ್ರಮುಖ ವಿಷಯಗಳನ್ನು ಓದಿ
ಚಾವುಂಡರಾಯ ನನ್ನು ಕುರಿತು ಬರೆಯಿರಿ