The Impact of British Rule in India Class 10 Notes, sslc history chapter 1 notes english medium, sslc history notes,10th Standard, pdf, guide
The Impact of British Rule in India Class 10 Notes
Answer the followingquestions in 6 to8 sentences each
Analyse the Judicial system during the British period.
- Warren Hastings established two types of courts -‘A Dewani Adalat ‘ and ‘ A Fouzadaari Aadalat ‘
- Hindus weredispensed justice as per the Hindu scriptures and the Muslims as per the Shariyat.
- TheBritish legal procedureswere introduced slowly.
- Civil courts came under the administration of European officers .
- The criminal courts were functioning under the supervision of European officers.
Report the changesin the Police systemduring the British period .
- Lord Cornwallis created a new post of Superintendent of Police ( SP ) .
- He put every station under a Kotwal iii ) Every village came under the care of ‘ Chowkidar
- The Police Officers came under the power of the Magistrates .
- In 1861 CE the Police Lawwas implemented
- Indians werenot appointed for the post of officers.
KSEEB SSLC Class 10 Social Science
3. Make a list of the effects of British Education in India ?
- Indians could develop modernity , secularism , democratic attitudes and rationality .
- Nationalistic ideal came to the front .
- Indian languagesand literature wereencouraged.
- Newspaper publications grew .
- New social and religious reformation movements emerged .
- The thinking of Social reformers influenced Indians .
- The Independence struggles of other countries influenced the Indian Independence Movement .
- Indians could now understand and appreciate their rich tradition .
4. What were the reforms broughtabout by the Britishin the educationalfield?
- Warren Hastings facilitated the expansion of the modern education in India .
- He started ‘ Calcutta Madarasa ‘ and Jonathan Duncan , started Sanskrit College in Banaras .
- Charles Grant pressed for the universalization of British education in India .
- The Report submitted by Macaulay Committee on Education became the base of the modern education in India .
- The use of English Medium in Indian learning system started after 1830s .
- The governor General Lord Dalhousie established Universities in Calcutta , Bombay and Madras.
- Charleswood suggested thatpriority should be givento primary education.
Answer the followingquestions in 2 to 4sentences each
|1.What were the reforms introduced in the Administrative system during the British period ?||2.What were the reforms introduced in the military system during the British period ?|
|*The appointments for civil services were done through Competitive Examinations|
*Lord Cornwallis introduced the administration of civil services .
*Only lower grade jobs were given to Indians .
|*Most of the Indians were Coolie Soldiers .|
Officer posts were given only to the British .
*The Indian Soldier could reach only to the rank of Subedar . As per recommend ations of Peel , the military system was redesigned