NETWORK SECURITY PPT PRESENTATION
- What is Network Security
- Basic Network Security
- Need for Network Security
- Network Attacks Methods
- Network security is a complicated subject, historically only tackled by well – trained and experienced experts.
- However,as more and more people become “wired”,an increasing number of peopleneed to understand the basics of security in a networked world
- Some history of networking is included,as well as an introduction to TCP/IP and internetworking.
WHAT IS NETWORK SECURITY?
Network Security is a level of guarantee that all the machines in a network are working optionally This can include:-
- Preventing unauthorized people from acting on the system maliciously.
- Preventing users from performing involuntary operations
- Securing data by anticipating failures.
- Guaranteeing that services are not interrupted.
- By 1996,the Internet already connected 13 million computers, so early these protocols required.
- These protocols required computer information to be confidential,available and have integrity
BASIC NETWORK SECURITY
- When connecting a matching to a network, we need to make sure no one will easily break into it.
- Crackers often run network scan utilities that check a large range of IP addresses.
- Disable any daemons started by your system by removing the relevant links in the init directory.
NEED FOR NETWORK SECURITY
- In the past hackers were highly skilled programmers who understood the details of computers communications and how to exploit vulnerabilities.
- Today almost anyone can become a hacker by downloading tools from the internet.
- The easiest way to protect a network from an outside attack is to off completely from the outside world
- A closed network doesn’t allow a connection to public networks.
- WI-FI protected access(WPA):-
WPA encrypts information,and checks to make sure that the network security key has not been modified.
It is designed to work with all wireless network adapters.
Wired equivalent privacy:-
- A media access control address is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on the physical network segment.
- 802.1x authentication can help enhance security for 802.11 wireless networks and wired Ethernet networks.
its primary objective is to control the incoming and outgoing network traffic by analyzing the data packets.
- the advantage of a firewall is that the user can monitor incoming and outgoing security alerts.
- The disadvantage of firewall is that they offer weak defense from viruses.
NETWORK ATTACKS METHODS
Without implemented security measures and controls in place, your network and data might be subjected to an attack.
Some network attack types are:-
- Eavesdropping-interception of communications by an unauthorized party.
- data modification-data alerting, reading from unauthorized party.
- Password-based attacks-by gaining your computer and network resources are determined by who you are,i.e,your user name and password.
- Network security helps in protecting personal data of clients existing on network.
- Network security facilitates protection of information that is shared between computers on the network.
- External possible attacks are prevented.
- It safe the private network from virus attacks.
- Computer networks are typically a shared resource used by many applications .
- The internet is particularly,widely shared by competing businesses and opportunistic criminals.
- The owner of the website can be attacked as well.
- That is why network security is an important field that is increasingly gaining attention as the internet usage increases.
- The current development in network security is not very impressive and significant.
- Researchers and scholars are rapidly evolving in developing and investigating the threats in a future.
Without Water Mark Ready PPT Buy Now Online Rs 78/- CLICK HERE
384 total views, 1 views today