industrial Project Report | Diploma ADFT Project Work
- It is a cottage industry. It is industry run by the family members with a little capital.
- The machineries used in limited and it is a home base company.
- It was a delight experience to visit Uma garments as part of training of our course the following text is the gist of the extracts of the useful information providing by owner of UMA garment.
- This garment business has been inherited from my forefathers as our family business is related to tailoring and garments.
- They started this initially with 2 machines later we increased to 4 machines and gradually we have reached it this level and 25 employees are working presently.
- They initial investment was 50000 RS 10 year ago as machinery was competitively cheep which is now absolute. Now we have invested 10 lake rupees for machinery and around 15 lake rupees as working capital.
- They bring cloth from directly from mills located at Bombay Ahmadabad and Jaipur and Bangalore. The subsidiary items are bought locally at Bangalore. The experience employees will produce around 12-15 Chudi tops, or 10 -12 shirts.
- There started producing garment like petticoat, night wear etc and now we are concreted on producing unique items which are not being produced by others are we get more profits of up to 40%.
- Implant training conducted in UMA garment from 06-07-2018 to 28-06-2018. 9 members participated in this training working hour started from 9:30 and ended at 5:30 pm school and college uniforms, patella, Kurthas , Nighties, coats, where stitched in this garment. The orders are taken from schools and colleges in order to take orders they visit different schools and colleges with a samples or patterns. The measurements are taken individually. They are clubbed together get a slandered measurement.
- It is a cottage industry they where 20 members in the garment. Sarasa Wise the supervisor including supervisor 15 members where stitching department. Other 5 members where working as helper. Totally 19 members are used in that garment including button hole, button fixing, piping and over lock.
Different sections or department in Uma Garments are:
- The fabric as received from the processing is kept in the quarantine area.
- Before storing in heavy duty fabric storage racks. It is the responsibility of fabric stores in change to store the fabric safely and correctly.
- The fabric stores in change records every day Fabric stock in fabric stock register.
- In the garment no specified room or area for the storing raw materials.
- It is kept in the room where the entire packed are kept or else in the garment itself.
- Before issuing the fabric to any further process proper inspection is carried out for the received lot of fabric to judge whether the quality of the recived fabric is per the approved standards or not.
- By the owner Durgiji Rao order was given to the sellers.
- The raw material taken from Ahamadabadh , Bombay, Jaipur ,
- The products are ordered in the Tan from the mill.
- The trimming materials/ fasteners are taken from the Bangalore the emergency they will bring local.
- The material bring from the VLR from the seller.
- The material resend by Darshan sir and the material and the material keep I the store room.
- The main responsibility of this department is to store all the row material which is necessary to produce garment.
- The fabric/trimming /fastness was store in store department.
- The quality of products [row material] is guided by making orders.
- They will show stitched garment for the sampling pieces.
- Garment sample are inevitably important and development tested before starting the bulk production.
- It means making a sample of the garment fabric which required to the sold, sampling of the garment fabric which required main process to be sold, sampling is one of the main process is garment industry and it has a vital role in attracting buyers.
- they will use cat locks for the sampling.
- New design of the sample is made based on either buyer feed bulk in form of sketches on sample or by tasting self initiative by the in house team of designers.
- This is the process of sampling system.
Sampling section flow chart:
- The garment which has to be stitched must be planned before it is cut.
- So that the drafting should be done on the card sheet or thick paper and it should be cut according to the drafting but it should be planned by a skilled labours . Patterns are done according to the size like small, medium, large, XL, XXL.
- They dont maintain any readymade patterns and they don’t mark any cloth initially. And only 5% of the cuttings will be non standard sizes.
- Garments are contracted to each constructed to each customer individually.
- Base pattern is prepared base on the individual measurement which are clubbed together to get standard measurement .
- The base pattern is altered / matches to the measurement of the particular person.
- Spreading stand maintained to spread the cloth .
- The length adjustment is done on the spreading stand.
- In this spreading stand 180 layers can be bid.
- While spreading the fabric should lay the fabric carefully it should not be very tight or else not so loose it should be in medium tension.
- If a layer held with a pressure the layer will be get variation.[increase or decrease the length of the fabric].
- The spreading is done manually .
- This work is done by helpers namely Chandana, Ramya and Malti.
- The cutting process performed as per style and size.
- The round knife cutting machine is used and the cutting is done by Dargoji Rao (owner) or Afreen (helper).
- The cloth is cut into standard size like XL, XLL, etc.
- They do the cutting according to readymade folders and they label the cloth systematically according.
- The patterns are made to cloth it is laid on layer and it is directly cutted by round knife cutted machine.
- After spreading the fabric in ready for the bulk production then make is made to reduce the fabric wastage during cutting.
- After cutting sorting numbering and stitching, bundling is done accordance of size color and compounds.
- The cut components are taken for checking area.
- After checking the garment components it is sent to the sewing section.
Flow chart for cutting department:
Checking fabric length and width
Cutting according to stile and size
Segregation of components
- Garment component components are recived from cutting section the garments joined and sewn in section step by step order.
- The experienced employer will produce around 12-15 Chudi tops, 10-12 shirts, 30 Patiala
- The bulk production is produced by the workers.
- The full finish done by single person is called as piece work.
- In sewing section there are 15 members including supraviser.
- Stitching is done by power operator machines.
Flow chart of finishing section:
Receiving bundles from cutting department
Checking before attaching faster
- it is done after inspection the stitched garment. It includes labeling, pressing, removing of extra thread, washing etc..
- Finishing is done by the helpers; there wear Ramya , Malthi , Chandana , Lakmi , Heena, Afreen, Mamatha .
- Finishing to the last step of garment production and if they are any mistack in the previous Stages it is reacted in the finial finishing stages.
- At finishing the garment checked [examined] as many time to the care of its quality.
- If the garment is approved with the final checking process, with the report of no defects then it is past to the pressing unit.
- In the pressing section, pressing is done using different pressing equipments. There are iron box, seam iron box based on the garment types/fabric specification.
- Here folding of garment is done as per the garment type and it sent to packing section for final packing.
- Finishing of the cloth follows the step of inspection of defects trimming and ironing.
Flow chart of finishing section:
Receiving from sewing section
Sewing section Pressing
Packing section is a process is done in garment. Its one of the very important section in garment. A garment dose not goes on safety packing the packing section is done after the final in this garment inspection.
They are 2 type of packing
- This garment packing is the last step by dispatching the various type of packing are done and it depend on the type of apparel /uniform
- The process of packing depends on the end products size and style allotted.
- Packing is done by helpers namely Chandana and Laxmi.
- Without pressing the patella pant is packed in size wise.
- After folding the garment they are placed in the polythin covers.
- After packing it is stored in store room.
Recived from pressing section
By request packing
By pack and kept in cardboard box
Making specification on custion
- it is the very last stage were the end products is handed over or send to the buyers.
- In this garments packed materials are carried in this own car and distributed is number wise according to size and this names.
- Only for near by schools and collages.
- If not is send with a auto which they booked regular only is not impossible to Darshan sir.
- If the garments are sending to other places it is sended with a bus and it is required by buyers.
LIST OF TABLES
- List of machines
- List of tables
- List of workers
- List of measurements
- List of finishing products
LIST OF MACHINES
|Sl No.||MACHINES||NUMBER OF MACHINES|
|1||Single needle lock stitch machine||14|
|3||Round blade cutting machine||1|
|4||Button hole machine||1|
|5||Button fixing machine||1|
|6||Over lock machine||1|
SINGLE NEEDLE LOCK STITCH MACHINE:
Loch stitch machine most common type of stitch made by a sewing machine. The tearm single needle stitching ,often found on dress shirt labels,refers to a lock stitch. A lock stitch sewing machine uses two threads, one in the needle and the hook correctly timed, makes each stitch to be locked. Lockstitch machines come in many configurations depending on the application and types of fabrics. Jack and Juki sewing machines offers the best range of single needle lock stitch machine.
OVER LOCK MACHINE:
This is a machine which avoide fraying edges .This is designed with single thread to multi thread usage. Over lock is done before or after stitching the garment .Sometimes single lay is over locked and two layers are also over locked to finish. This sewing machine cuts the edges of the cloth. Over lock machine deffers from SNLSM where it use looper fed b multiple thread cones rather than a bobbin. Looper serve to create thread loops that pass from the needle thread to the edges of the fabrics.
BUTTON HOLE MAKING MACHINE:
Machine made button hole is usually sewn with two parallel rows of machine sewing. It is similar to zig zag lock stitch machine. This machine controls the length and width of button hole. The person working with this machine should have a good knowledge and skill. To finish a button hole manually, it takes 2.5minutes where as machine takes only 6 second. This machine also gives a neat and accurate finishing.
BUTTON FIXING MACHINE:
This machine also belongs to zig zag lock stitch machine. This machine sews the button on the garment on right position with neat finishing. Button should be hold firmly in position to avoid mistakes. Before starting work one should be away of button hole size and the needle size.
ROUND BLADE MACHINE:
LIST OF TABLES
|Sl No||TABELS||NUMBER OF TABLES|
Manual spreading system consisting : cradle [on request also rotating] guided cutting system normal spreading table [on request also with needles for striped fabrics]
LIST OF WORKERS
|Sl No||WORKERS||NUMBER OF WORKERES|
LIST OF MEASUREMENTS
|Sl No||MEASURE,MENTS||NUMBER OF MEASUREMENTS|
|Sl No||FINISHING PRODUCTS|
|5||Ready made kurthies|
FLOW CHART OF MATERIAL
MATERIAL : Chudi
FINAL CHECKING SECTION
MATERIAL : Uniforam Shirt
FINAL CHECKING SECTION
MATERIAL : Ready made kurthies
FINAL CHECKING SECTION
MATERIAL : Uniforam skirts
WAIST BAND ATTACHING
JOINING ASKIRT PART
FINAL CHECKING SECTION
Finally we conclude our topic by saying that, The apparel industry is the in the second largest industry with the increase in demand in more apparel the clothing sector has grown a head more and more.
I would like thanks our beloued teachers for providing such a healthy environment for successful completion of the implant training. Finally I thanks who give a opportunity to achive this new training experience very creatively . It gives us great plessure in placing on report . from this I conclude my words .
528 total views, 2 views today