- What is Google Glass.
- Technology’s Used.
- How it Works.
- Future Scope.
- Have you read about the Google Glass project and wondered what kind of apps you can build or design on Glass?
- This seminar is designed to introduce developers and designers (and everyone else) to the Google Glass interface, the Google Mirror API, and the functionalities and limitations of both.
- Google is encouraging an ecosystem of developers and designers to build the apps that could make Glass the next iphone.
What is Google Glass?
- It’s a glass with a Smart Phone in it.
- It’s brings the internet world and real world together.
- It has a micro phone , camera and a screen
- Wearable Computing
- Smart Clothing
- Eye Tap Technology
- Smart Grid Technology
- Android Technology
Wearable computers, also known as body-borne computers are miniature electronic devices that are worn by the bearer under, with or on top of clothing.
It is a combination of new fabric technology and digital technology, which means that the clothing is made with new signal-transfer fabric technology installed with digital devices.
Eye Tap Technology
An Eye Tap is a device that is worn in front of the eye that acts as a camera to record the scene available to the eye as well as a display to superimpose a computer-generate imaginary on the original scene available to the eye.
Smart Grid Technology
A smart grid is an electrical grid that uses information and communications technology together and act on information, such as information about the behaviors of suppliers and consumers, in an automated fashion to improve the efficiency, reliability, economics, and sustainability of the production and distribution of electricity.
Android is a Linux- based operating system for mobile devices such as smart phones and tablet computers, developed by Google in conjunction with the Open Handset Alliance.
How it Works?
Its features with the small video display that is used to display the pop up hands free information.
It also has the front face video camera with which photos and videos can be taken in a glimpse.
Google glasses designed to be hands free wearable device that can be used to make or receive calls too.
Single button on the side of the frame sophisticates the glasses to work with the physical touch input.
Microphone is also put in, that can take the voice commands of the wearer of user.
- Easy to wear and use.
- Sensitive and responsive to the presence of people.
- Fast access of maps, documents, videos, chats and much more.
- A new trend for fashion lovers together being an innovative technology
- Glass is sleek, light and easily wearable and you won’t require keeping it on and off your pockets, like mobile phones.
- No Bluetooth or camera needed when Glass is on, it’ll do all for you.
- Glass will provide you detailed information and satisfactory results on your queries.
- Make phone calls, sms, emails though Google Glass, no Smartphone required.
Glass might give you a ‘nerdy’ look that might create clumsiness among people. No indication while clicking pictures (like pointing the camera) which almost sounds like a hidden camera trying to capture a non-ready subject. Chances are there to drop yourself down in the road while reading a text or email since you can’t get your eyes off it.No public privacy concern so the worry of leaking out information still remains.
Google Glass Sales
Google Glass is as futuristic a gadget we’ve seen in recent times. It’s limited in scope right now, but the future, Google believes, is bright and the device itself is “incredibly compelling”.
Although there are many barriers and problems Google still needs to work through before finalizing the consumer version of Glass, the potential benefits make Glass a project worth perusing.
It is Lee’s expectations “expectation that in three to five years it will actually look unusual and awkward when we view someone holding an object in their hand and looking down at it.
419 total views, 1 views today